Thursday, Oct. 04 2012 5:23PM
Dancing with the Chamber stars
Sixteen of the Lee’s Summit Chamber’s finest members are bringing their best moves to the dance floor. Dancing Chamber “Stars” will compete to help raise funds for the Education Committee’s annual high school scholarship fund. Through the fund, the Chamber awards four $1,000 scholarships to graduating seniors each year who’s parent works for a chamber member business. Events for the scholarship fund help to secure the longevity and availability of these scholarships for years to come.
This year’s event is scheduled for Oct. 25 at 5:30 p.m. at the Hilton Garden Inn Independence, 19677 East Jackson Drive. Tickets for the event are $35 each and include a plated dinner. Call 816-524-2424 to order your tickets today; reservations and prepayment are required to attend this event.
Members that have waltzed up to the floor to compete include:
• Bill Baird and Hillory Baird, The Baird Group
• Steve Arbo, City of Lee’s Summit and Vicky Cundiff, Weed Man - Turf’s Up
• Joe Snook, Lee’s Summit Parks & Recreation and Jackie DeSouza, Lee’s Summit Medical Center
• Dr. Emmanuel Ngomsi, All World Languages & Cultures and Trisha Drape, Downtown Lee’s Summit Main Street, Inc.
• Ernest Campbell, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage and Ashley Boswell, Great Southern Bank
• Dr. Jeff Miller, Lee’s Summit R-7 School District and Kristen Merrell, Lee’s Summit Elementary
• Monte Stull, Men’s Wearhouse and Michele Spilker, Spilker McKeone & Nelson PC
• Mark Parrish, MO Association of Trial Attorneys and Debbie Starke, Eastland Community Foundation
Dancing duos are collecting pledges to help them secure the ultimate prize of Dancing with the Chamber Stars Champions. Interested parties may donate and pledge money to their favorite duo by contacting them directly or by visiting lschamber.com. In order for donations to be tax deductible, checks should be made payable to the Lee’s Summit Chamber Scholarship Fund.
The Education Committee, led by Cindy Miller with Columbia College and Co-Chair, Monte Stull with Men’s Wearhouse, are working hard to make this a great event.
Choreography is being taught by Steppin’ Out - The Studio and Monica’s School of Dance.