Wednesday, Oct. 31 2012 12:59PM
Deadline today for requesting absentee ballot
Today is the last day for a registered voter to request an absentee ballot to be mailed by the Jackson County Election Board.
The request must be made by 5 p.m. Oct. 3. By state statute to be eligible for absentee ballot you must meet one of the following requirements:
• Absent on election day from the jurisdiction of the election authority in which the voter is registered
• An incapacity or confinement due to illness or physical disability, including caring for a person who is incapacitated or confined due to illness or disability
• A religious belief or practice
• Employment as an election authority or by an election authority
• Incarceration, although the voter must have retained all necessary qualifications for voting
The election board has an Absentee Office that is open Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and Monday Nov. 5 at 208 N. Liberty and also open on the weekend 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday Nov. 3.
For more information call 816-325-4600 or go to http://jcebmo.org