Tuesday, Jan. 22 2013 4:28PM
Critical food violations found by the health department
Jackson County health code violations for the week of Jan. 14
909 SW Oldham Pkwy.
• Critical violation 3-501.16: Hot dogs and taquitos in reach-in cooler were 51°F-55°F - DISCARDED. Ambient air thermometer was reading 60°F. There were two boxes of hot dogs in this unit that were partially frozen. These were moved to the walk-in cooler.• Critical violation 4-703.11: No sanitizer detected in solution coming from sanitizer dispenser on three compartment sink (0 ppm quat). Operator has two options to correct this violation: 1. Repair sanitizer dispenser so the proper amount of quart sanitizer is dispensed (150-400 ppm quat). 2. Mix the sanitizer manually and provide appropriate test kit to monitor concentration.
AIKOU CHINESE RESTAURANT
608 NE 291 Hwy.
• Critical violation 2-401.11: Employee drink container found on the back food prep table - CORRECTED.
BULLFROGS BAR AND GRILL
320 SW Blue Pkwy.
• Critical violation 3-501.17: A number of pans of prepared and held potentially hazardous foods were not date labeled - CORRECTED.
• Critical violation 4-703.11: No sanitizer detected in dishmachine final rinse (0 ppm chlorine).
601 NW Murray
• Critical violation 3-501.16: Ranch dressing that was prepared in house was found on the table in front of the grill under no form of temperature control. Internal temperature was 75°F. It was determined that this food was taken out of the reach-in cooler an hour and a half prior, cook was allowed to move it back to the reach-in cooler. A pan of cooked rice was found in the hot holding unit with an internal temperature of 105° F - DISCARDED.
• Critical violation 7-202.12: A bottle of non-commercial pesticide was observed in the chemical storage area.