Tuesday, Mar. 12 2013 4:03PM
Critical violations found by the health department
701 Melody Lane
• Critical violation 2-401.11: Water bottle observed on shelf in food prep area - CORRECTED.
• Critical violation 4-601.11 Numerous pans on clean equipment rack next to dishwasher were dirty. CORRECTED. Debris build-up observed in reach-in coolers on cook's line (Non-Critical).
CEDAR CREEK ELEMENTARY
2600 SW Third St.
• Critical violation 4-703.11: No sanitizer detected in two wiping cloth buckets - CORRECTED.
JUMPIN’ CATFISH RESTAURANT
834 SW Blue Parkway
• Critical violation 3-301.11: The cook was observed handling ready-to-eat food (pickles) with bare hands- CORRECTED.
• Critical violation 3-403.11: Containers of mashed potatoes and gravy were taken from the cooler and placed on warmer and were 135-146°F after 3-4 hours. They were not reheated to 165°F within two hours. Food was discarded.
• Critical violation 6-501.111: Live cockroaches were found in the back hallway leading to outside, near the hot water heater, and near the server line.
1225 NE Rice Rd.
• Critical violation 3-501.16: Reach-in cooler next to pizza topping station was not holding potentially hazardous food at 4°F or below (pasta dish 48°F - 49°F). PRODUCT DISCARDED.
• Critical violation 4-703.11: No sanitizer detected in solution produced by automatic dispenser at three compartment sink (0 ppm quat).
• Critical violation 7-102.11: Chemical bottle labeled "degreaser" actually contained a clear liquid. The degreaser that this facility uses is orange. DISCARDED.
510 W Third St.
• Critical violation 3-302.11: Raw chicken was stored directly above a case of cabbage - CORRECTED on site.
• Critical violation 3-501.17: Ready to eat foods were not labeled and dated in the walk-in cooler - CORRECTED on site.
• Critical violation 3-701.11: Pan of beef with what appeared to be mold was found in the walk-in cooler - DISCARDED.
• Critical violation 7-207.11: Employee medicine was stored on shelf above production counter - CORRECTED on site.
1098 NE Independence Ave.
• Critical violation 3-302.11: Raw shelled eggs were stored directly on top of ready-to food (feta cheese) in the walk-in cooler - CORRECTED on site.
• Critical violation 3-501.17: Ready-to-eat potentially hazardous food in the walk-in cooler were not labeled at the time of preparation to indicate the date by which the food shall be consumed which is, including the day of preparation - CORRECTED on site (repeat critical violation RE-INSPECTION REQUIRED).
NEW CHINA BUFFET
711 SE 291 Hwy.
• Critical violation 2-401.11: Employee drink with out lid or straw was observed on the walk-in shelf next to prepared foods - CORRECTED on site.