BOLIVAR, Mo. – Southwest Baptist University awarded more than 200 Dutile Scholars Awards to prospective students during the annual Scholars Day scholarship competition Feb. 9.
Local students who received the scholarship include:
• Miranda Carlin of Lee’s Summit, Lee’s Summit North High School
• Taylor Coram of Lee’s Summit, Lee’s Summit North
• Emily Cross of Lee’s Summit, Lee’s Summit North
• Melissa Hilker of Greenwood, Lee’s Summit High School
• Tiffany Lee of Lee’s Summit, Mo., Lee’s Summit West High School
More than 200 students competed for the scholarships by being interviewed by a faculty panel and writing an essay. The University also awarded four J.R. Maupin full-tuition scholarships and selected students for the Gordon and Judy Dutile Honors Program.
The Dutile Awards of up to $2,500 are in addition to the University’s merit-based scholarship program that offers scholarships from $4,000 to $9,000 based on ACT/SAT scores and high school grade-point average.