StreetFound Entertainment and Downtown Lee’s Summit Main Street present a unique theatre experience on the streets of Downtown Lee’s Summit called “Cellular Cenes,” with two performances on April 26. The audience literally will follow the story of two young people and their quirky budding relationship.
Each scene is set at a different Downtown Lee’s Summit location, and for this particular show it’s important for the audience members to leave their cell phones on. Curious as to how it will work? Call for tickets, 816-246-6598.
Performances are at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m., April 26, beginning at Red Door Wine Store, 229A S.E. Main St. Audience members will need to bring their cell phones and wear comfortable shoes, as some walking is involved. Rain or shine – some scenes will be moved inside if necessary.
“Cellular Cenes” was written by Ben Martin of Lee’s Summit. Martin also directs the show. Last year, “Cellular Cenes” premiered in Downtown Lee’s Summit, and all four shows sold out quickly.
Additionally, April 26 is Fourth Friday in Downtown Lee’s Summit, featuring artist receptions, new artwork, music and a new feature: Drink & Draw for artists to draw from a live model.
• Drink and Draw: Featuring artists sketching and drawing from a live model from 6 to 8 p.m. at LMS Wine Creators, 127 S.E. Third St. Artists welcome to come draw for no charge.
• Art Opening & Wine: Featuring Teal Wilson, wood block printmaker, from 6 to 8 p.m. at Mingle, 209 S.E. Main St.
• Spring Group Show: Featuring Barbara Neth, Cathy Kline, Teddy Jackson, Carol Monaco, Darla Zook, Gary Winn, Robyn Winn, Ashley Corbello, Nancy Mathis, Diane Brown, Don Helverson, Francine Bizal and Nancy Mathis from 6 to 8 p.m. at Got Art Gallery, 18 S.W. Third St.
• Open Late: Featuring fair-trade art and jewelry from 6 to 8 p.m. at Blue Heron Design, 11 S.E. Third St.
• “Raw Emotion”: Photography exhibit from Tiffany Buckley, plus cocktails and music, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Freeland Photography, 320 S.E. Douglas St.
There are a limited number of tickets available for the April 26 “Cellular Cenes” performances. Tickets are $10, and must be purchased in advance from Downtown Lee’s Summit Main Street by calling 816-246-6598 or sending an email request to email@example.com.