COMFORT INN & SUITES
3701 NE Ralph Powell
• Critical violation 4-703.11: Operator did not have any sanitizer for warewashing at time of inspection. CORRECTED, an employee went to the grocery store and obtained a bottle of bleach. Inspector described how to mix and test this sanitizer solution.
1333 NE Douglas
• Critical violation 3-501.17: There was no date labeling on the prepared, ready-to-eat, potentially hazardous food being kept in the walk-in cooler for more than 24 hours. CORRECTED by placing preparation dates on containers of food.
1547 NE Rice Rd.
• Critical violation 3-501.16: Sausage in the steam table was 107°F. It was stacked higher than the sauce it was in. Meatballs in the steam table were 114°F. Both products had been below 135°F for less than 2 hours and the establishment was allowed to reheat them to 165°F and serve them. It is recommended that the establishment keeps enough sauce in the sausage and meatball containers to cover the food and stir them regularly to prevent the top from cooling down below 135°F.
310 SW Ward
• Critical violation 3-302.11: 1. There were packages of raw chicken stored directly next to raw beef in the meat walk-in cooler. 2. There was a pan of raw fish stored directly above ready-to-eat food in the small meat walk-in cooler. Both violations were CORRECTED by separating foods to avoid cross-contamination.
L.S. COMMUNITY CHRISTIAN HIGH SCHOOL
1500 S.W. Jefferson
• Critical violation 7-201.11: Chemical spray bottles were stored directly next to and above single use items in the dry storage area and in open cabinet below serving area. CORRECTED by moving to bottom shelf of storage and also into separate chemical area.
600 NW Shamrock
• Critical violation 2-401.11: Employee drink was found on food production line with a lid but without a straw - CORRECTED on site.
LAKEVIEW WOODS STATE SCHOOL
351 NE Gregory Blvd.
• Critical violation 3-302.11: Raw eggs were stored in the double-door reach-in cooler above ready-to-eat food. CORRECTED by moving to bottom shelf of cooler.
• Critical violation 3-501.17: There were containers of prepared, ready-to-eat potentially hazardous food in the double door reach-in cooler for longer than 24 hours without date marking. CORRECTED by labeling with preparation date.
3757 SW Raintree Dr.
• Critical violation 3-501.16: Minced garlic and oil mixture near stove was 64 F measured by thermocouple. According to the chef, it had been out for less than 2 hours, and placed in prep cooler to get down to 41 F or below. RE-INSPECTION REQUIRED.
• Critical violation 3-501.17: Prepared, ready-to-eat, potentially hazardous food being held in walk-in cooler for more than 24 hours was not labeled with preparation date. CORRECTED with date labels.
MCDONALD'S No. 15732
1809 SE Blue Pkwy.
• • Critical violation 7-201.11: There was a tube of machine lubricant placed directly next to single-use items in cabinet below orange juice machine. CORRECTED by moving to separate chemical storage area.
MEINER'S MARKET ARBORWALK
1229 SW Arborwalk Blvd.
• Critical violation 3-302.11: There were cartons of raw eggs and a package of raw bacon stored directly over ready-to-eat lunchables and pickles in walk-in cooler. CORRECTED by moving eggs and bacon to bottom shelf.
• Critical violation 7-102.11: There were multiple chemical spray bottles with no label in the chemical room. CORRECTED by labeling bottles with common name.
• Critical violation 7-201.11: 1.There was a bottle of bleach stored directly next to single-use items in cabinet below iced coffee machine. 2. There was a chemical spray bottle stored on counter directly next to food. Both violations were CORRECTED by moving chemicals to back chemical room.
209 SE Main St.
• Critical violation 3-302.11: Raw beef was stored directly next to cooked, ready-to-eat beef. CORRECTED by placing cooked beef on shelf above raw beef.
650 NW Blue Parkway
• Critical violation 3-501.16: 1. The temperature of a refrigerated drawer cooler on the cook's line was observed above 41°F. The ambient temperature of the cooler was 58°F. The internal temperatures of potentially hazardous food in the cooler were as follows: cooked wheat noodles 58°F, cooked fettucini noodles 52°F, ravioli 60°F. 2. The temperature of the salad bar make table cooler in the waistaff area was observed above 41°F. The ambient temperature of the make table cooler was 58°F. The temperatures of potentially hazardous foods stored in the table were as follows: black olives 61°F, sliced tomatoes 58°F, sliced onions 52°F. All of the potentially hazardous foods in both coolers were DISCARDED by manager. All potentially hazardous foods must be maintained at a temperature of 41°F or below or 140°F or above. REINSPECTION REQUIRED.
1731 NE Douglas
• Critical violation 7-102.11: There were multiple unlabeled chemical spray bottles. CORRECTED by labeling spray bottles with common name.
AMERICAN GARAGE NO. 1
1 SE Fourth Street
• Critical violation 3-501.17: The following ready to eat potentially hazardous foods in the walk-in cooler were not date labeled: chicken salad, tamales, and prepared ranch dressing. CORRECTED, manager labeled the containers.
• Critical violation 7-102.11: Two chemical spray bottles were not properly labeled. CORRECTED. All chemical containers must be labeled at all times.
310 SW Ward
• Critical violation 3-202.15: There were several badly dented cans on the grocery shelves. Collected to be DISCARDED. CORRECTED.
HY-VEE KITCHEN/ITALIAN/CHINESE/SALAD BAR
310 SW Ward
• Critical violation 3-302.11: There were leaking boxes of raw chicken stored directly next to raw beef in the main kitchen walk-in cooler. CORRECTED by moving all raw chicken products to shelf below raw beef products.
• Critical violation 3-501.16: Multiple items on warmer plate in Italian section were found to be at improper temperature for hot holding. The sausage calzone was 124°F, the beef calzone was 126°F, and the beef pizza slice was 118°F with thermocouple. The manager stated that the food had been out for less than 2 hours. She then turned the heater on the warmer up to the highest temperature. Food was re-heated in oven to 165°F, and explained to manager it must be held at 135°F or above. Inspector also explained to manager that time can be used as a public health control, as long as time of preparation and 4 hour discard time were indicated near product. RE-INSPECTION REQUIRED.
HY-VEE KITCHEN/CHINESE/SALAD BAR
301 NE Rice Rd.
• Critical violation 3-302.11: Raw chicken was observed above ready to eat sauce in Chinese walk-in cooler - CORRECTED. Store raw animal product below ready to eat food.
• Critical violation 3-501.16: Several food items in the left side display case were not 135° F or above. Internal temperatures were as follows: fried chicken 109°F-120°F, tenderloin 100°F, chicken tenders 105°F, roasted chicken 108°F, and salmon 111°F. It was discovered that the lower heating elements in this unit were not working. All potentially hazardous foods in this unit were discarded. Corrective action: repair hot holding unit and hold all potentially hazardous foods at 135°F or above or 45°F or below.
923 Lemans Lane
• Critical violation 3-202.15: There were several badly dented cans on the can rack. The cans were collected and moved to be returned/exchanged or discarded. CORRECTED.