May 24 is Fourth Friday in Downtown Lee’s Summit, featuring artist receptions, new artwork, music and a new feature: Drink & Draw for artists to draw from a live model.
• Featured paint and fiber artist Sheila Rekdal is from 5-8 p.m. at Mingle, 209 S.E. Main St.
• Featured artist Carol Flowers is from 6-8 p.m. at Blue Heron Design, 11 S.E. Third St.
• Artist show featuring Rashelle Stutts, Joyce Robinson and Corbie Lynn is from 6-8 p.m. at Got Art Gallery, 18 S.W. Third St.
• Reception for fine art photography from Ryan Brown is from 5:30-8:30 p.m. at Freeland Photography, 320 S.E. Douglas St.
• Contemporary artwork from Shane Miller is from 6-8 p.m. at Metric Salon, 28 S.E. Third St.
• Drink & Draw, artists drawing from a live model, is from 6-8 p.m. at LMS Wine Creators, 127 S.E. Third St.
Music in the Park
The Music in the Park series kicks off from 6:15-10 p.m., May 24, with Kids Night, featuring The Jack Snaps, Rockin’ Rob and Rylie Brown. The concert is free to the public and takes place in Howard Station Park on S.E. Main Street in Downtown Lee’s Summit; bring chairs or blankets. Downtown Lee’s Summit Main Street coordinates Music in the Park, and the title sponsor is Lakewood Counseling Services TMC. Music in the Park also is sponsored by the Bank of Lee’s Summit and the Lee’s Summit Journal.