Jackson County health code violations for the week of Sept. 16

Critical food violations found by the health department

September 20, 2013 

WAL-MART

1000 NE Sam Walton Ln.

• Critical violation 7-102.11: A spray bottle was observed in the cake decorating area without the name of its content. CORRECTED, on site.

LONGVIEW COMMUNITY COLLEGE

500 SW Longview Road

• Critical violation 4-602.11: Deposits were observed to be present on clean stainless steel pans. Better cleaning of these items is needed. CORRECTED during this inspection.

MINGLE

209 SE Main St.

• Critical violation 7-201.11: Propane torches were stored horizontally directly above food items and next to single use items. CORRECTED by moving propane torches to storage area away from food and single service and single use items.

HOLY SPIRIT CATHOLIC CHURCH

1800 SW State Rt. 150

• Critical violation 7-201.11: Chemicals were observed to be stored over the clean drain board and sanitizing sink at the three compartment sink. CORRECTED during this inspection.

NEW CHINA BUFFET

711 SE 291 Hwy.

• Critical violation 3-501.17: Several ready to eat foods were not properly labeled with its content and consume by dates. CORRECTED.

Lee's Summit Journal is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service