Missouri’s annual Show-Me Green Sales Tax Holiday runs April 19 to April 25 and the state exempts sales tax on retail sales of qualifying Energy Star certified new appliances, up to $1,500 per appliance.
Consumers can stretch their dollars by also taking advantage of KCP&L’s Home Appliance Rebate, which helps customers buying energy-efficient appliances. When you purchase qualifying appliances, such as Energy Star certified refrigerators or freezers, you can earn cash from KCP&L mail-in rebates for those purchases.
In addition to our Home Appliance Rebate, KCP&L has a wide range of programs to help customers reduce their energy usage and save money on their monthly bill:
• Home Appliance Recycling Rebate – earn $75 for each refrigerator, freezer or other qualifying appliance (up to three). KCP&L will pick up and recycle the appliance for you.
• Home Performance Rebate with Energy Star– rebates of up to $600 when you improve your home with at least one qualifying measure such as insulation, air infiltration and duct sealing, or new windows and doors.
• Air Conditioning Upgrade Rebate – instant rebates up to $850 through participating HVAC dealers toward the purchase of a new energy-efficient A/C or heat pump.
• Energy Star Qualified New Homes Program – builders who meet the eligibility requirements will receive $800 per home. KCP&L will also pay HERS raters up to $750 for the inspections and HERS rating requirements for a builder’s home to achieve the Energy Star label.
• Business Energy Efficiency Rebates – businesses may be eligible for KCP&L incentives for high efficiency lighting, air conditioning, heating systems, motors, refrigeration, energy managements systems and more.
• KCP&L residential and commercial customers in the KCP&L-Greater Missouri Operations service area can find the rebate forms and learn more by visiting